Sep 21, 2005

Patiss and Cutliss


I saw this recipe on one of my favourite food blogs. It's by Clotilde, a Parisienne, who not only like experimenting with ingredients, she takes the most fabulous pictures of the final creation.

"Galettes de Riz" she calls them; doesn't everything sound special in French? They're patties made out of left over rice and pretty much anything else you might want to bung in.

I love recipes like this because this is the way I cook too: scope out the ingredients I have at hand, get a vague idea of the kind of thing I want to do with them, and then search for a recipe that matches the one in my head.

Soon, little rice cakes, soon.

3 comments:

  1. so i like your idea to 'vegetarianise' this (pray why though- nnone of you are beg right?), but do tell what is 'clotilde?" that you speak of?
    and anyhoo, have you figured out the way of making it eggless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'vegetarianise' coz i hate mucking about with raw eggs, esp to shape pattie cakes with the hands. so i'm going to try cheese spread.

    clotide- not what, who... the bloggeress at choc n zucch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whokay so let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Unedited thoughts?