Sep 15, 2005

meet the missus

Here’s the thing. I hate being introduced as the wife of _. As mrs. It’s important to me to meet people on my own terms, and not as part of some family package deal.

For this reason, I also hate tagging along for semi-work related parties/dinners. For now that whole point is moot, as we can’t exactly leave the kiddie home alone. But the truth is I wouldn’t want to go anyway.

My idealistic stand came around and bit me in the ass last night when the venue of one such gathering was an Italian restaurant I’ve wanted to go to since we moved here. A swanky, page three kind of place with so much style it bypasses the whole uppity, nouveaux nightclub thing.

And the unkindest cut? I wasn’t even invited.

5 comments:

  1. hah! you show them you.
    (bah, i know this feeling)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone, just for the record, no spouses were invited. Also, the place was loud and over boisterous in the manner that boss man likes (he chose the venue and refused to be dissuaded). The food would have been good if we had ordered well. That wasn't the case.

    I wish I had Nina for company instead, in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mouli, if you want to address 'everyone' get yer own soapbox.

    point two, so who said i don't like loud and boisterous?

    ReplyDelete

Unedited thoughts?